Monday, September 19, 2011

Challenge!

I need to kick this up a bit.  This is how I cook:  I find a recipe, or read the title of the recipe, and go from there. When it comes to baking, I make sure I have equal dry/wet ingredients, but often improvise.  For example, a recent recipe I read called for a whopping 1 1/4 cups oil.  Holy cow that's a lot when the rest is pretty healthy, so I swapped out 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt and used 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil.  Gave the muffins a sweeter and denser taste, and healthier oil.  I experiment without deviating too far from the recipe most of the times.  And many times a recipe or menu just sound good and I don't even follow a recipe, but I use what I have on hand or turn my kitchen into a lab and experiment until I come up with something I'm satisfied with.  I'm fairly good at making recoveries and preventing epic fails.  I love Chopped, Challenge, and Iron Chef. If you'd like to challenge me to turning my kitchen into Kitchen Stadium, success or fail, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment