Saturday, October 10, 2009

Double Sauce "Girlfredo" w/Chicken (WW=7.5pts.)



Check out Hungry Girl's version HERE. I found it a little too slimy and for only a point more you can double it. This is my version, with my added faves, bacon(1 more point) and chicken(a few more points).

The first time I tried these noodles, GAG! But there are a few steps I found out you HAVE to do. The noodles are pretty firm and stable, so don't worry about breaking them or crushing them, they can take a lot of handling. And creamy textures tend to taste better on them and have a better texture appeal.

1 package Shirataki Noodles(0)
1 Tbl. 50% Less Fat Bacon Pieces(1)
2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese(2)
2 Tbl. Fat Free Sour Cream(0)
Salt & Pepper
Grilled Chicken(4.5)
Rinse noodles under water for several minutes, use your fingers to seperate really well. Squeeze out as much water as you can and spread on paper towels to absorb as much liquid as possible. In a medium-hot small sauce pan sprayed with non-stick spray(I'm in love with the butter flavored stuff on the shelf at Walmart, Great Value) spread noodles and bacon pieces. Stir to heat through for about a minute. Add in cheese, sour cream, and salt & pepper and mix well until all cheese is melted and noodles are evenly coated. Pour onto dinner plate and top with sliced grilled chicken. For the recipe above I split an 11 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast in half for 4.5 points to a 3 point full plate of noodles!!!! For 7.5 points, I got all of the above, and I really could have stopped eating half way, but it was SO good. Try adding any meat, leftover steak, shrimp, crab lumps, yummm!

(You can also do this in the microwave, cook on high 1 minute before adding cheese and sour cream.)

No comments:

Post a Comment